New Patients & Renewals
PLEASE NOTE: Doctor420Hawaii is NOT an authorized retailer or distributor of medical cannabis or marijuana products.
- An eligible patient must present with one or more qualifying conditions as described below and at the Hawaii DOH website.
- In most cases, medical records detailing treatment for the qualifying condition are required. Please call our office to find out which records or other medical evidence will satisfy this requirement.
- Hawaii DOH online application submission (fee $38.50). We can submit DOH applications on behalf of the patient for an additional fee of $31.50, totaling $70.
- An annual renewal is required to keep the 329 certification up-to-date. This requirement includes a medical assessment and a DOH renewal application.
A patient must have one or more of the following conditions to be considered eligible:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or it’s treatment that produces one or more of the following:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy, or
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease.
To add a debilitating medical condition that is not currently stated in the law, see the DOH Administrative Rules, Chapter 11-160, HAR, in which a process for department approved conditions has been outlined. See the DOH Petition Process for more information.
Steps to becoming a patient
- Contact our Hilo office to determine your eligibility and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lawinski.
- If you primarily reside in another state, you are allowed to have another cannabis certification card in Hawaii by using your address here on the forms.
- Hawaii does not yet have a system in place to honor out-of-state medicinal cannabis cards (known as "reciprocity") for visitors to purchase cannabis products in local dispensaries. This will occur at some point in 2018. Visit our Blog page for updates!
- Print and complete the five documents in the "Patient Forms" section at the bottom of this page OR complete this paperwork at your initial visit.
- Bring to your first appointment the following items:
- Government issued photo identification from any state (Driver's License, State ID, US Passport, etc.). We will accept out-of-state identification as long as the presenting patient can provide both a local physical AND mailing address.
- Full CASH payment. We do NOT accept checks or credit cards.
- Medical records, medication bottles, or prescription printouts from a pharmacy.
- Health Insurance membership card, if any.
- Completed paperwork, if printed out at home.
- Meet with Dr. Lawinski for the medical assessment. If approved, the doctor will complete the certification page for the DOH.
- Submit the Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) online application, or we can do this for you (see below). Please wait to create your online account with the DOH until you are approved by the doctor to begin the State's registration process. This is so we can give you specific instructions to make the process easier.
- You will receive your 329 card in the mail about 4 - 8 weeks after the complete and accurate online application is received by the DOH.
- You may begin to grow cannabis or purchase it at an approved dispensary once you receive your card.
Annual 329 Card Renewals
Call us at (808) 934-7566 to schedule your renewal appointment. Please ask our team member if you need to bring any medical records with you. The State of Hawaii DOH fee applies for all renewal applications.